Professor Volodymyr Poltavets’ School of Social Work is the first professional school of social work in Ukraine. It is a member of the International Association of Schools of Social Work, the European Association of Schools of Social Work, the Eastern European Regional Association of Schools of Social Work.
Our Bachelor and Master programs combine theoretical and practical training, the educational process is built on the idea of active and partner learning.
A lot of Ukrainian and foreign educational institutions and professional organizations are the long-term partners of Poltavets’ School of Social Work, for instance:
- charitable organization for the help to persons with intellectual deficiency Dzherela (The Springs)
- charitable organization Social Service Viphania
- National Network of People living with HIV / AIDS in Ukraine
- International HIV / AIDS Alliance in Ukraine
- Resource Center Hurt (The Group)
- Ukrainian Fund for Social Investments
- Anglia Ruskin University (Cambridge, UK)
- University of Sheffield (UK)
- Non-governmental organization Hamlet Trust (London, Great Britain)
- University of Ljubljana (Slovenia)
- Lithuanian University of Pedagogical Sciences (Vilnius, Lithuania)
- University of Tullin (Estonia)
- University of Tbilisi (Georgia)
- Alice Salomon Higher School of Social Work and Social Pedagogy (Berlin, Germany)
The School also closely cooperates with social organization "Socium-XXI", which was created by our graduates and teachers, who jointly implement various social projects.
The School of Social Work offers an open program of advanced training that includes the courses in
- Practical Social Work
- Management, Expertise and Supervision of Innovative Programs and Projects in Social Sphere
- Applied Social Policy
- Teaching Social Work and Social Policy
- Conducting Social Research
Teachers of the Schools of Social Work supervise and advise on many projects on the request of multiple organizations and companies. The School conducts active scientific and methodological work, and participates in the publication of three scientific journals: Social Policy and Social Work in Transition, Social Policy and Social Work and scientific almanac Magisterium: Social Work and Health Care.
During the last years, students of the School of Social Work have gained prizes in the Ukrainian National Olympiads on social work. They have an access to the training in the USA, Germany, the Netherlands, Denmark, Great Britain, Italy, Hungary and many other countries. The graduates of the School work in many leading state and non-governmental organizations, initiate and implement a lot of innovative projects in the social sphere.