- Published on Wednesday, 15 March 2017 09:38
Ukrainian European Studies Association in cooperation with the Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence and project "Association4U"
organizes International Workshop
“EU Security Strategy and its Impact on Conflict Transformation in Ukraine”
21 March, 2017, 14.00 - 17.00,
Kyiv, National University of “Kyiv-Mohyla Academy” (Main building of the National University “Kyiv-Mohyla Academy”, hall 1- 217, Skovorody Str. 2)
The event will focus on discussing the objectives and scope of the EU Security Strategy and its impact on Conflict Settlement and Transformation in Ukraine and beyond.
Issues for discussion:
- What are objectives of the EU Security Strategy?
- Can we consider the EU as a global security actor worldwide?
- What are implications of the EU Security Strategy for Ukraine and other countries of the Eastern Partnership?
- What is potential impact of future elections in some EU Member States on the effective implementation of the EU Security Strategy?
- What is impact of the EU Security Strategy on the EU-Ukraine Association Agreement?
Speakers: Prof. Roman Petrov (National University of Kyiv-Mohyla Academy, Ukraine); Dr. Andreas Umland (Institute for Euro-Atlantic Cooperation, Kyiv); Dr. Andre Härtel (DAAD Lecturer, National University of Kyiv-Mohyla Academy, Ukraine); Dr. Marek Lenc (Matej Bel University in Banská Bystrica, Slovak Republic) (via skype); Ms Zuzana Novakova (International Institute of Social Studies in the Hague, the Netherlands) (via skype).
Languages: English, Ukrainian.