Kyiv-Mohyla Academy is going to participate in the Ukraine Higher Education Leadership Development Program organized by British Council in Ukraine
- Published on Thursday, 21 December 2017 16:02
In December 2017 the final round of selection for the Third Ukraine Higher Education Leadership Development Program took place. This Program is supported by British Council in Ukraine, Institute of Higher Education of the National Academy of Educational Sciences of Ukraine and Leadership Foundation for Higher Education (UK).
Kyiv-Mohyla Academy was selected for the Program along with 13 other Ukrainian universities. Our team members are:
- Vasyl’ Ozhohan – Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Larysa Chovniuk – Head of the International Office
- Zoriana Chernenko – Vice head of the Department of Law
- Tetiana Iurochko – Director of the School of Public Health
- Ievhen Zvieriev – lecturer at the Department of Law
- Mariia Vasylets’ – incoming international students and mobility Coordinator
- Taras Polishchuk – 3rd year Bachelor student at the Department of Economics
Their Project is entitled International Classroom: Internationalization of Teaching and Learning. The main aim of the Project is to implement the concept of the “international classroom” into our current educational system by supplementing the existing disciplines with an international comparative context together with the corresponding innovations in teaching and learning methods.
The primary task of the project is to upgrade our educational programs to the international level and to work out new programs adapted for the nationally diverse groups (where both students and teachers may have different cultural background).
The most important expected outcomes of the Project’s realization are:
- transformations of educational system on both strategic and practical levels
- an ideological shift of the concept of internationalization from the model “we cooperate with the World” to the model “we are the part of the Worldwide cooperation”
- giving all the stakeholders in the Academy a clear notion of the “international classroom” idea and the complex concept of internationalization
- a number of practical changes to be introduced in the Kyiv-Mohyla Academy’s curriculum