NaUKMA has a proud history of research excellence dating back to its history from 1615 and re-birth since 1992. Over the years the University has seen a growth of research activity in the broad fields of science, humanities and social sciences. According to Clarivate Analytics data NaUKMA authors have published 534 peer reviewed research publications in Web of Science indexed journals or books. Collectively these have attracted 4602 citations. Scopus - 626, and 5613 citation.
Annual Research Reports (in Ukrainian)
Research ethics is the protection of human and animal subjectsin the planning, conduct and reporting of research.
NaUKMA is committed to maintaining the highest ethical standards and principles in the conduct of its research. The Research Ethics Policy sets out the principles underpinning the ethical conduct of research and defines the process and principles for the objective and rigorous ethical review of research which falls within its scope.
- NaUKMA Research Ethics Policy
- Policy on Prevention of Financial Conflict of Interest in Externally-Funded Research
- Research Ethics Commettee (in Ukrainain)
NaUKMA institutional review board (IRB)
NaUKMA Institutional Review Board (IRB) is the university committee that reviews and approves human subject research for the purpose of protecting the rights and welfare of those subjects. The Board is charged with the responsibility to formulate and implement procedures to assure the University's compliance with federal, state, and institutional regulations for the safeguarding of the welfare and well-being of human subjects involved in research projects.
The IRB is charged with the responsibility of reviewing, prior to its initiation, all research (whether funded or not) involving human participants. The IRB is concerned with protecting the welfare, rights, and privacy of human subjects. The IRB has the authority to approve, disapprove, monitor, and require modifications in all research activities that fall within its jurisdiction as specified by both the federal regulations and institutional policy.
Chairperson – Tetiana Yurochko, PhD, Head of NaUKMA School of Public Health
NaUKMA Journals publishes over 20 peer-reviewed journals, both in Ukrainian and English, which form the latest in research and discovery across a range of topics. Many of these journals are the leading academic publications in their fields and together they form one of the most valuable and comprehensive collections of research available today.
Across the world, NaUKMA Journals are available online and in print – keeping scientists, researchers and scholars abreast of crucial developments in research.
NaUKMA Office of Research has overall responsibility for the University's research enterprise. The Office administers the policies governing the conduct of research at the University and the management of its research programs.
NaUKMA Office of Research is the administrative arm that supports researchers in their scientific and creative endeavors. Managing on average more than UAH 20 million in research awards from state and private sources, the Office of Research staff focuses its efforts on helping faculty move their work forward at every stage of the research process from managing research centers and programs or identifying potential funding opportunities and proposal development to protecting intellectual property and more.
Vice President for Research and Academic Affairs
Head of Scientific and Research Unit
Head of Research and Educational Center
Yaroslava Naimushyna, Research Grants Coordinator
The Office of Research is located in build.5 (of.307-310) at NaUKMA campus.
France is the Sorbonne
Britain is Oxford and Cambridge
USA is Harvard
Ukraine is the Kyiv-Mohyla Academy
National University of "Kyiv-Mohyla Academy" (NaUKMA) is a classic university that creates preserves and spreads knowledge in the natural, social, humanitarian and technical sciences. Today the university is not just a place where knowledge is passed on from professors to students, but also a reputable expert community, a place where scientific research is conducted and new valuable knowledge is created.
NaUKMA Research Facilities
- Research being considered a necessary integrative part of the overall educational process
- Programs of cooperation with foreign universities leading to postgraduate double-diplomas
- Doctoral School of European model
- Electronic Library
- Participation in international conferences
NaUKMA Science Schools
- Ecological Systems Research School
- Historical and Philosophical
- History of Central-Eastern Europe
- Membrane Technologies
- Comparative Literature
- Social Work and Social Politics
- Physics of Biological Systems
Kyiv-Mohyla Academy is always at the forefront of many strategic areas of research, from urban studies and environmental sustainability to membrane research, literature studies, technical technologies.
Our professors and students collaborate with leading experts not only within the Ukrainian research community but also with world-renowned universities and institutions. We bring together the best minds in dozens of spheres to address the most challenging problems in society, natural sciences, infrastructure and more.
- Canadian Studies Center
- Center for Ecosystem Studies, Climate Change and Sustainable Development
- Center for Intercultural Communication
- Center for Mental Health and Psychosocial Support
- Center for Studies of the History and Culture of East European Jews
- Center for the NaUKMA Lobbing and Social Partnership
- Centre for Conflict Studies and Psychoanalysis
- Centre for Innovative Methods of Legal Education
- Centre for Membrane Research
- Centre for Molecular and Cell Research
- Cinema Research Center
- European Humanities Research Centre
- "Innovation Lab" Research and Training Centre
- Anti-Corruption Research and Education Centre of National University of Kyiv-Mohyla Academy
- Jean Monnet Centre for European Studies
- Jerzy Giedroyc Centre for Polish and European Studies
- "Kyiv-Mohyla Academy Heritage” Research Center
- Laboratory for Finance and Economic Research
- Laboratory for Genetics and Cell Biology
- NaUKMA Archeological Expedition
- Omeljan Pritsak Research Center for Oriental Studies
- Research Center for the Rule of Law and its Implementation in Ukraine
- School for Policy Analysis
- Institute of German Law of the National University of Kyiv-Mohyla Academy
- Center of Innovative Teaching and Learning of European Studies at the National University of Kyiv-Mohyla Academу
- Center for Physical and Chemical Research on Bilogocal Systems NaUKMA
- Mediation and Dialogue Research Center